About Me

My photo
I am retired from the Army. I enjoy meeting people, and having drinks with friends. I enjoy movies, and golfing. I have 5 cats, and I love to run and workout. I love my husband and two boys!

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Goals or Objectives

The calendar I am using for my Original Filofax has a section for monthly goals. I did a little research and found this chart on line. I need to focus on objectives which I can measure...like lose 5 pounds or read a book a month...that I can do.

                                    Comparison chart


Goal

Objective

Meaning The purpose toward which an endeavor is directed. Something that one's efforts or actions are intended to attain or accomplish; purpose; target.
Example I want to achieve success in the field of genetic research and do what no one has ever done. I want to complete this thesis on genetic research by the end of this month.
Action Generic action, or better still, an outcome towards which we strive. Specific action - the objective supports attainment of the associated goal.
Measure Goals may not be strictly measurable or tangible. Must be measurable and tangible.
Time frame Longer term Mid to short term

2 comments:

  1. I think of objectives more like "eat less than 2,000 calories a day" or "work out for 20 minutes five days a week." I think of goals as "lose 5 pounds." I guess I think that way because I can control how long I exercise, but there are other factors in weight loss.

    http://giftieetcetera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete